We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.

Sunday, August 10, 2014

                  THE NOTORIOUS B.I.G.                  



Date of birth:May 21,1972

Place of birth:New York City,New York,U.S.
Date deceased:March 9,1997 (aged 24)
Place of death:Los Angeles,California,U.S.
Cause of death:Murder




About The Notorious B.I.G:
Finally,after posting about 2pac,and some more or less famous rappers,it's time to talk about Biggie.He is one of the greatest.It's common belief that he is the best rapper,right after 2pac.Or by many people,the greatest rapper ever,along with 2pac.I have to say that,to me personally,2pac was better,and the greatest of all time.But of course,there are many Biggie fans (my best friend is one of them),who think he is the best.Therefore,I won't go into those stupid,discussion,who is the best generally.One thing is for sure,like 2pac,The Notorious B.I.G.,was unbelievably good rapper.When I wrote my first post,about 2pac,I said that,excluding his songs that I heard on TV, when I was too young to understand them,I first heard about him on documentary in 2001.The same thing is with Biggie,except that I never heard his songs on TV before that.At least not that I remember.So,in that same documentary,I found out that 2pac & Biggie were first friends,then after 1994 shooting,that 2pac survived,they became enemies.Even though,I supported 2pac more than Biggie,I always wanted to belive that he wasn't fault for 1994 shooting,and especially not for 1996 shooting,which 2pac unfortunately didn't survive.That 1996 shooting,probably costed Biggie,his life,and even though I still have my doubts about 1994 shooting,I truly believe that Biggie wasn't fault for 1996 shooting.No disrespect to Biggie's fans,but I just had to say sincerely,what's on my mind.But when I listen to the songs of both of them,I like to remember them from the time,they were friends.Just imagine how many more epic songs they could have make together,if they have stayed friends,and most importantly,alive.Now,when you talk about Biggie's music style,you known that he rapped in a deep tone voice.To me,he also had a great lyrics,and my favourite Biggie song is ''Whatchu Want'',
featuring Jay-Z,from the Biggie's posthumous album ''Duets: The Final Chapter''.I know,Biggie made a great songs during his life,and I know this song is from his posthumous album,but I like this song so much,I don't know why.Maybe,because of his powerful lyrics.One thing,Biggie was also great in,is freestyling.That is the part of rapping,in which he was,I admit it,way better than 2pac.But sadly,we lost both of them,and the rap music is not the same,since they gone.



Generally about The Notorious B.I.G.:
The Notorious B.I.G. aka Biggie (real name Christopher Wallace) was born on May 21,1972,in New York City,New York.He grew up in the Brooklyn borough of NYC.At the beginning he was freestyling on the streets,and it's interesting to mention that,at that time he went to same school as future rappers Jay-Z and Busta Rhymes.After he dropped out of school,he started to sell drugs.And because of that,soon he was arrested and convicted to 9 months in jail.After being released from jail,in 1992,he made the demo tape,named ''Biggie Smalls''.After,then record producer of Uptown Records,Sean ''Diddy'' Combs heard the demo tape,he signed him to Uptown Records.Soon after that,Sean Combs was fired from Uptown Records,and started his own record label ''Bad Boy Records''.Biggie was automatically signed to Bad Boy Records.In 1993,Biggie's daughter T'yanna was born,so he started again to sell drugs,to support her financially.When Combs discovered that,he forced him to quit.In 1994.Biggie married R&B singer Faith Evans.At the time,she was too signed to Bad Boy Records.Later that year,on September 13,1994 (interesting,exactly 2 years before 2pac's death),his debut album called ''Ready to Die'' was released.The album eventually became four times Platinum,and the single ''Big Poppa'',reached no. 1,on the U.S. rap chart.Since the album was released in the time,when the West Coast rap scene ''ruled'' in rap music,the album was considered as a big East Coast rap scene comeback.On November 30,1994 in the lobby of Quad Recording Studios in which Biggie was recording,2pac was robbed and shot 5 times,for which he accused Biggie and Diddy.That later turned in big Eeast Coast-West Coast feud,about which I said we are gonna talk more detailed in my later posts.At the same year,Biggie's group ''Junior M.A.F.I.A.'' was formed.Except Biggie,the group members were:Lil' Ceasar,Bugsy,Capone,Chico,Nino Brown,Larceny,Trife,MC Klepto and Lil' Kim.Most of them were Biggie's childhood friends,and they all were teenager at the time,which explains the name of the group.Junior M.AF.I.A. released their debut album on August 29,1995.The album was called ''Conspiracy'',which featured the successful singles ''Player's Anthem'' and ''Get Money''.Then he started to recording his second album,but in the meanwhile,problems for Biggie started again.On March 23,1996,he was charged for beating a two fans,outside of Manhattan club,because they wanted an autograph.He was sentenced to 100 hours of community service.Allegedly,he was arrested again few months after that,because of drug and weapons possesion.After 2pac's death on September 13,1996,there were many accusations towards Biggie.The media accused him that he gave a gun to a Crip member Orlando Anderson,who was one of the suspects for 2pac's murder,but was never charged.Of course,Biggie denied the accusations.On October 29,1996,Faith Evans gave birth to Biggie's son,Christopher ''C.J.'' Wallace,Jr.In the beginning of 1997,Biggie suffered a car accident,which temporarily placed him in wheelchair.Once he got out of the wheelchair he was forced to use a cane because of his leg injuries.Just two months before his death,he was ordered to pay 41,000 dollars in damages,because of beating a club promoter.After that,he said that,he just want to live a peaceful life with his family.But his tragic death,disabled that.


Biggie's Death:
On March 8,1997,Biggie was a presenter on the 1997 Soul Train Music Awards that was held in Los Angeles.He was booed by some of the audience.After the ceremony,Biggie and Sean ''Diddy'' Combs went to the after party that was held in Petersen Automotive Museum.Interesting fact is,that late R&B singer Aaliyah also attended the party,so as the Faith Evans.After the midnight on March 9,1997 at about 12:20 a.m.,Biggie and his entourage left the party in his SUV,wanting to return in their hotel.Biggie was in front passenger seat of the car,in which Junior M.A.F.I.A. member Lil' Cease was driving too.Right behind them,Sean ''Diddy'' Combs was driving in his car,with a three bodyguards.At approximately 12:45 a.m.,Biggie's SUV,stopped at the red light.Then a dark colored Chevrolet Impala,pulled right next to the Biggie's vehicle.A driver of the Impala,rolled down his window,and started to shoot at Biggie's SUV,hitting Biggie four times.He was rushed to the hospital,where the doctors performed emergency surgery,but he was pronunced dead at 1:15 a.m.Even though,there are many theories about Biggie's murder,most notably the one that,Suge Knight ordered his murder to revenge 2pac's death,none of them was confirmed,and the murder remains unsolved.Just 16 days later,on March 25,1997,his second album with ironical title ''Life After Death'' was released.With Biggie's murder,hip-hop have lost one more rap giant,after 2pac.



The Notorious B.I.G. discography:
1994: Ready to Die
1995: Conspiracy (with Junior M.A.F.I.A.)

1997: Life After Death


Posthumous albums:
1999: Born Again
2005: Duets: The Final Chapter