We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.

Sunday, July 13, 2014

                                     2PAC AMARU SHAKUR


Date of birth:June 16,1971 
Place of birth:East Harlem,Manhattan,                                         New York City,New York,U.S.                          

Date deceased:September 13,1996 (aged 25)

Place of death:Las Vegas,Nevada,U.S.

Cause of death:Murder
                 


About 2pac:
What can I say about the greatest rapper of all time?Well,let me start with how I first heard about him.Unfortunately I was just 5 years old,when he died.So I don't remember him,when he was alive.Even though I heard some of his songs on TV,I was to young back then to understand them or pay attention to them.So first time I really heard about him,was back in 2001.There was a documentary about 2pac,in which they said,he survived 1994 shooting.I was really impressed with that,and since then,I wanted to know everything about him.Since I didn't have an internet connection at that time,it wasn't easy to find out more about 2pac.But through some time I read about him in magazines,and then I bought his CD.It was the ''greatest hits'' I think.It's amazing how I liked all of the songs,but one of them,made me a big fan of his.It was the song called ''hail mary''.To this day,this is my favourite song,even though I like almost every 2pac's song.It's the way he express his emotions in this song,that I like the most.Especially because I personally had a hard moments in my life.So I can relate to part of this,and many of his other songs.They helped me through some hard times,and made me feel better.He was strong and brave man,sometimes aggressive,but also he had a soul.His death reverberated in the whole hip-hop world,like no other.Now let's say a lil' bit about his life in general.


2pac Amaru Shakur (real name Lesane Parish Crooks) was born on June 16,1971,in the East Harlem,which is the neighborhood in Manhattan,NYC. He started his career in the Digital Underground rap group,and was part of that group when he first appeard on the ''same song'' in 1991.Later that year,he began his solo career,which followed release of his debut solo album,''2Pacalypse Now'' in November 12,1991.His next album came in February 16,1993,which was titled ''Strictly 4 My N.I.G.G.A.Z.''.But problems for 2pac came already in 1992,when he was charged for shooting.However charges were dropped.Before the releasing of his third solo album,''Me Against The World'' (meanwhile he released album with his group ,''Thug life'' which was called ''Thug Life:Volume 1''),he was shot on the night of November 30,1994 in the lobby of Quad Recording Studios in Manhattan,for which he accused Notorious BIG & P. Diddy.That later turned in big Eastcoast-Westcoast feud,which we are gonna talk about in my later posts.He survived that attack,but he was found guillty for sexual assault on February 6,1995.Just about two months after shooting.That was the crime that Pac swore he never committed.2pac went to prison on February 14,1995.Interesting fact is that 2pac served his prison sentence in the Clinton Correcional Facility.The same prison where the fellow rappers Ol' Dirty Bastard and Shyne were later serving their prison sentences.  During the time in prison,his album ''Me Against The World'',was number one on the Billboard 200,making him the first artist to achieve that while incarcerated.In October of the same year Suge Knight Bailed out 2pac for 1.4 million dollars.In exchange 2pac signed for Suge's record company ''Death Row Records''.After that 2pac released his best album ''All Eyez On Me'' on February 13,1996,which was later certifited 9x Platinum.During that time beef with Biggie was on.So he made various songs in which he was dissing him.The most famous diss song against Biggie is most certainly ''Hit Em Up'',which featured his,then new formed group ''The Outlawz''.Many people believe that,this was the song that cost him his life.Even though I personnaly think it was because of the other reasons.




2pac's Death:
On the night of September 7,1996,2pac was coming back from Seldon/Tyson match in Las Vegas.Earlier that night 2pac and his entourage beat up crip member Orlando Anderson,who robbed earlier that year one member of Death Row Records entourage.2pac and Suge Knight went to 662 club in Suge's BMW 7.At approximately 11:15 pm,white Cadillac pulled up to the Suge's BMW's right side.Unknown person from Cadillac shot 2pac 4 times.He was rushed to the hospital,but died 6 days later on September 13,1996 at 4:03 pm,from internal bleeding.Murderer was never found.Two months later his album ''The Don Killuminati:The 7 Day Theory'' was released.There are many theories about 2pac's death,and who killed him,but still none of them were relevant.One thing is for sure,he bacame legend,cult figure and to many,undisputed king of hip-hop!




2pac discography:
1991: 2pacalypse Now
1993: Strictly 4 My N.I.G.G.A.Z.
1994: Thug Life:Volume 1 (with the group Thug Life)
1995: Me Against The World
1996: All Eyez On Me
1996: The Don Killuminati:The 7 Day Theory

Posthumous albums:
1997: R U Still Down? (Remember Me)
1999: Still I Rise (with Outlawz)
2001: Until The End Of Time
2002: Better Dayz
2004: Loyal to the Game
2006: Pac's Life

2pac filmography:
1991: Nothing But Trouble
1992: Juice
1993: Poetic Justice
1994: Above the Rim
1995: Murder Was the Case:The Movie
1996: Bullet
1996: Gridlock'd
1997: Gang Related